Also included in
- These bright, colorful and fun adapted text versions of The Tell-Tale Heart make Edgar Allan Poe's classic accessible to a wider variety of readers, including ESL, ENL and Special Ed. The bundle includes 5-days of lesson plans, based around an initial and then close read of the text, which comes at$6.99$13.96Save $6.97
This bright, colorful and fun unit makes Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart fun! The unit includes 5-days of lesson plans, based around an initial and then close read of the original text.
It is easily set up for DISTANCE LEARNING on TPT Digital, shared via Google Classroom. The PDF also prints out for in class instruction.
- A carefully laid out illustrated text of The Tell-Tale Heart by Poe.
- Vocabulary preview of some of the more esoteric vocabulary.
- Close-read directions.
- ELA direction on repetition, point of view, quoting, paragraph writing, explaining words, unreliable narrators and more.
- Quick quiz.
- Personal-writing handout.
- Writing-about-literature handouts, focusing on using text evidence to explain what makes the narrator unreliable.
- A timeline graphic organizer.
- A grid for graphical storytelling.
- A setting grid.
- Two 3D make-your-own pumpkin activities.
- A giant vocabulary word search.
- 5 days of lesson plans, with standards.
This is a great way to introduce your students to a classic they will never forget!
It is compatible with adapted versions of the same text at two reading levels: perfect for tiered or differentiated instruction in one classroom!
Have fun teaching!
Great materials for your ELLs:
Be sure to check out my Halloween products for nonfiction, an original short story, plus the classic "The Monkey's Paw". They are all for beginner ESL students, and there is a great value bundle containing the whole lot of them. If you're looking for fun activities, nonfiction, a short story for Christmas ("The Little Match Girl") and the New Year, take a look at my Christmas and New Year materials. I also have a series of short stories that will engage your students at any time, while teaching grammar and vocab. Enjoy browsing, and have fun teaching!