Also included in
- Make your year a little easier, and give your ELL students high quality, high interest, fun materials! If you covered everything in this pack it would probably take around 70 school days. That's a lot of material for your school year -- nearly 4 months!Many of these 30+ resources work with multiple$49.99$99.80Save $49.81
- Have a ton of fun in the weeks leading up to Halloween (if not all of October)! Teach vocab, grammar and ELA skills with this great bundle of stories and a non-fiction article for your classroom, all specifically designed for newcomer / beginner English Language Learners.All can be assigned to ELLs$13.99$23.95Save $9.96
- These bright, colorful and fun adapted text versions of The Tell-Tale Heart make Edgar Allan Poe's classic accessible to a wider variety of readers, including ESL, ENL and Special Ed. The bundle includes 5-days of lesson plans, based around an initial and then close read of the text, which comes at$6.99$13.96Save $6.97
This bright, colorful and fun adapted text version of The Tell-Tale Heart makes Poe's classic accessible to ESL and ENL beginners and newcomers. The unit includes 5-days of lesson plans, based around an initial and then close read of the text.
It is easily set up for DISTANCE LEARNING on TPT Digital, shared via Google Classroom. The PDF also prints out for in class instruction for your ELLs.
- An illustrated adapted text of The Tell-Tale Heart by Poe. The reading level has been vastly reduced, while maintaining the unique flavor of this beloved classic.
- Vocabulary preview.
- Close-read directions.
- ELA direction on repetition, quoting, paragraph writing, explaining words, narrators and more.
- Quiz and vocabulary-based sentence writing activity.
- Personal-writing handout.
- Writing-about-literature handouts, focusing on using text evidence to explain what makes the narrator unreliable.
- A timeline graphic organizer.
- A grid for graphical storytelling.
- A setting grid.
- Two 3D make-your-own pumpkin activities.
- A giant vocabulary word search.
- Lesson plans, with standards.
This is a great way to introduce your students to a classic they will never forget!
It also pairs with a higher level, but still adapted version of the same text with parallel activities so you can differentiate in the classroom. Simply pick up the bundle with both versions.
Great materials for your ELLs:
Be sure to check out my Halloween products for nonfiction, an original short story, plus the classic "The Monkey's Paw". They are all for beginner ESL students, and there is a great value bundle containing the whole lot of them. If you're looking for fun activities, nonfiction, a short story for Christmas ("The Little Match Girl") and the New Year, take a look at my Christmas and New Year materials. I also have a series of short stories that will engage your students at any time, while teaching grammar and vocab. Enjoy browsing, and have fun teaching!