Even the earliest of learners can understand the concept of time and how to read clocks with "Telling Time: An Early Learner Pack to Introduce and Teach Clocks and Time"! Your preschool, kindergarten, and even first-grade students will love discovering these mathematical concepts and honing these life-skills...and will beg you to play these kid-tested games again and again! Perfect for centers, take-home activities, or for individual practice.
You'll recognize the familiar 'Kids in Action' (and just might fall in love with a few new characters, too...) in this 89-page product. "Telling Time: An Early Learner Pack to Introduce and Teach Clocks and Time" is full of exciting and engaging activities and is bursting with full-color graphics and illustrations, each of which is one of my originals (with the fabulous exception of the analog clocks, which belong to Little Red Schoolhouse)! You also get detailed instruction for how to prep, run, and differentiate for each activity. Here's what comes with your download:
1. Time of Day--Using a sorting strip and 29 full-page posters depicting a child's daily schedule, students use counters to tally activities into those that happen in the morning, during the middle of the day, and at night.
2. Daily Sequence--Children put a series of Daily Doings Cards into sequential order. What happens first? Second? Third? Kids can show you what they know about sequencing!
3. Kid Clocks--Students become human clocks as they work to make their arms match the arms on the clock!
4. Clock Faces--Children create their OWN analog clocks to help them practice telling time!
5. Clock Slap & Snap--Kids practice matching clocks of different kinds that are showing the same time. Three different ways to play are included...one for individual play/practice, and two for group play!
6. The Time it Takes--Students draw one of 28 task cards and predict how long it will take them to accomplish that task. They then get to time themselves and compare their guess with reality.
7. A.M. and P.M.--It can be very confusing to children to learn that there are two, 2 o’clocks each day! Help them explore the difference with this hands-on comparison activity.
If you like this product, please check out the other great items in my TpT store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Rebekah-Brock
Telling Time: An Early Learner Pack to Introduce and Teach Clocks and Time
by Rebekah A. Brock
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License