Telling Time Bundle - 2nd and 3rd grade
This telling time bundle contains four activities to be used in your 2nd or 3rd grade classroom. Both sets of task cards and the activities are common core aligned.
1) 2 Sets Task Cards (one set for 2nd grade and one for 3rd grade)
2nd Grade Time Task Cards cover these parts of time:
* reading an analog clock and selecting the time on digital clock
* drawing hands on a clock to show a certain time
* looking at two or three sets of time and deciding what happened first or last
* looking at the time and telling what time it will be in 15, 25, or 30 minutes
* naming two other ways to tell the same time
* understanding a.m. and p.m. activities
* vocabulary such as half past, quarter after and quarter to
* sequencing time on four clocks
* how many minutes until the next hour
* finding the missing time in a pattern
* what "early" and "late" mean
* how many minutes are in a half hour and an hour
3rd Grade Time Task Cards cover these parts of time:
* looking at four ways to write the same time (finding the one that does not show the same time as the others)
* elapsed time word problems
* finding time in the future on a clock
* writing the time in two different ways
* working back to find the start time of an event
* working ahead to find the stop time of an event
* stating the time on a clock
* adding two or three time events to find the total amount of time
* reading four events in a table and finding a combined amount of time
Why did I include two sets of task cards?
Many of my students are at the beginning stages of telling time while others are more advanced. This is a great way to differentiate your groups based on their abilities. Regardless of the grade you teach you will be able to meet the students where they are in their understanding of time.
20 Time Puzzles
Each puzzle has 4 pieces: the analog clock with a time, the digital time, in word form the time before the hour and in word form the time after the hour.
Use these puzzles in a small math group, with buddies as morning work, independently. Mix them up into the wrong puzzles and let students fix them.
30 Time Placemats
There are 30 time placemats included in this bundle. Each placemat has four parts: the analog clock, the digital clock, in word form time before the hour and after the hour.
One of the four boxes will be complete. Students will need to fill in the three remaining boxes. For example: the clock may show 7:10. Students will fill in the three other boxes making sure they all show 7:10.
SCOOT: Place a placemat on each student's desk. Students SCOOT to another desk and fill in one of the missing boxes or fix a box that has been filled in wrong by another student.
MATH CENTER: Laminate all 30 pages and bind to make a book. Students use an EXPO marker and complete as many pages as they can in the math center.
I hope your students enjoy these time activities.
Teacher's Game Plan
Check out these other math resources:
Click Here to View My Introduction to Division Task Cards
Click Here to View My Rounding Rockets PPT and 175 Rounding Exit Tickets
Click Here to View My Area and Perimeter Task Cards
Click Here to View My Money Bundle
Click Here to View My Place Value Bundle for 2nd and 3rd Grade
Click Here to View My Distributive and Associative Properties of Multiplication Task Cards
Click Here to View My Counting 1 to 120 Number Detectives Bundle
Click Here to View My 20 Interactive Math Sorts for 3rd Grade