Telling time can always be a challenging concept for children to understand. When they are allowed to "play games" and work on a particular concept at the same time...learning can be so much more fun!
When preparing this activity, I use card stock when printing...then laminate, and cut out the cards. I have found that card stock makes the cards more durable. The cards are stored in a Ziploc bag and labeled.
* game involves 2 players
* mix up group of cards
* place cards face down
* first player turns 2 cards over (keeping them in the same spot)
* if the cards match...the player gets to keep the set of cards
* if the cards do not match...they need to be turned back over
* player 2 then gets to turn over two cards
The object of the game is to get the most card matches...matching the clock with the correct time. Once all the cards are picked up and matched...the player with the most matches is the winner!!!!
This kit includes:
* 2 concentration games (hour/half hour...and telling time in five minute intervals)
* 24 matching concentration cards for each set of cards
tags: Concentration, games, concentration games, math, math activity, math activities, math games, hands on math, partner games, telling time game, telling time activity, and math workshop