Also included in
- Simply PROJECT & PLAY with the ultimate digital math game BUNDLE! This virtual math games bundle includes 35 PowerPoint math games that are ready to use in seconds. If you're looking to engage your 2nd and 3rd grade students with math review FUN all year long with no worksheets needed, then this$60.00$116.00Save $56.00
Practice telling time with this interactive math game that's ready in seconds! Simply PROJECT & PLAY with this interactive telling time activity, now updated for EASY distance learning fun. Includes a whole class version perfect for a Zoom or Google Meets activity, PLUS an interactive student version you can use as a Google Classroom math assignment.
These "Ready, Set, Show!" time games are easy to use remotely with your 2nd or 3rd grade students to add some NO PREP fun to your practice or review of telling time in 5 minute and 1 minute increments.
**Updated 4/26/2020 with a student-friendly (interactive) Google Classroom version. There are now links for a whole class Google Classroom presentation, as well as a student-friendly version. These links, along with instructions, can be found to the left of slide 1 when viewing the PowerPoint in editing (not presentation) mode.**
This digital resource is intended to be a math practice or review activity you can use immediately with your second or third grade students. It includes telling time to 5 minutes practice problems that meet first, second, and third grade (review) standards + 20 telling time to the minute problems to provide a challenge.
Use this telling time activity as a:
- Whole class or small group activity to show student understanding
- Pre-assessment before your telling time unit
- Review activity before your unit test
- Spiral review throughout the year or during testing season
- Brain break - have students shout out answers while doing a popcorn or jumping jack instead of using white boards. Fun (and easy!)
The interactive slide show contains every telling time problem with a 5 minute increment. 133 total telling time questions + 20 challenge problems with times to the minute are included for NO PREP differentiation.
The slide show includes 153 telling time problems organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- 1 Practice question
- 48 telling time problems to the quarter hour
- 84 telling time problems with other 5 minute increments
- 20 challenge questions with times to the minute
- Editable teacher slides and instructions (in PowerPoint version only)
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 4 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can personalize and/or reuse this resource. Editable slides are included in the PowerPoint version only.
The clip art is not included on the editable slides due to copyright restrictions. However, links to the clip art sets used are provided in the teacher notes within the product.
When you purchase you will receive:
- 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
- Link to a Google Classroom whole class version of the activity
- Link to a Google Classroom student-friendly version of the activity
*Both links can be found on the left-hand side of slide 1 of the PowerPoint
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like:
Keep an eye out for more "Ready, Set, Show" activities aligned with 2nd-3rd grade math standards coming soon!
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Just Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!