- This bundle contains my second five units of Master Math Curriculum for First Grade. The units included are Unit 6 Comparing Numbers, Unit 7 Addition and Subtraction to 20, Unit 8 Applying Properties, Unit 9 Telling Time, & Unit 10 Mental Math Strategies Everything you would need to teach Math i$70.00$84.00Save $14.00
- This bundle consists of 15 units that I use for my first grade guided math curriculum. It is built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. Each$200.00$253.00Save $53.00
- Product Description
This unit is the ninth unit of a first grade MASTER math curriculum built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. It focuses on telling time and showing time to the nearest hour and half hour on digital and analog clocks. There are enrichment opportunities work on telling time to the nearest five minutes and work on elapsed time story problems. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. Each lesson begins with a whole group mini lesson provided in a SMART notebook version or a pdf file. Then students begin to rotate (much like centers). MASTER stands for Manipulatives, Apply Skills, Small Group, Technology, Enrichment, and Review. There are activities provided for each component listed, lesson plans, assessments, SMART notebook files, and a fun culminating craft. Included you will receive:
- Telling time with hour and minute hand. 4 versions to practice. Time to the hour in words and digitally. Time to the half hour in words and digitally.
- Telling time sort (2 versions hour and half hour)
- 3 piece puzzles with digital, analog, and words (2 versions hour and half hour)
- Time task cards Mixed practice hour and half hour
- Time train (2 versions hour and half hour)
- Time word puzzles (2 versions hour and half hour)
- Game board with cards digital to words time to the hour
- Game board with cards analog to digital time to the hour
- Game board with cards analog to digital time to the half hour
- Game board with spinner analog to digital time to the half hour 2 versions
- Game board with spinner analog to digital time to the hour
- Bingo mixed time to the hour and half hour
- 9.1 Build a Clock and Learn it’s Parts
- 9.2 Telling Time to the Hour
- 9.3 Showing Time to the hour
- 9.4 Telling Time to the Half-Hour
- 9.5 Showing Time to the half-hour
- 9.6 Telling time Mixed Hour/Half Hour
- 9.7 Showing time Mixed Hour/Half Hour
- 9.8 Review
- 9.9 Assessment
Technology 10 activities in Boom Learning and 8 in Google Slides
- Time to the hour-o’clock (4 o’clock) 24 slides
- Time to the hour-digital (4:00) 24 slides
- Time to the hour-digital & o’clock mixed 24 slides
- Time to the half-hour (half past 4 o’clock ) 24 slides
- Time to the half-hour-digital (4:30) 24 slides
- Time to the half-hour-digital & half past o’clock mixed 24 slides
- Mixed Practice: Time to the hour & half-hour (digital) 24 slides
- Mixed Practice: Time to the hour & half-hour (half-past & o’clock) 24 slides
- Labeling the minutes to the nearest 5 minutes on a clock
- Telling the time to the nearest 5 minutes (8 practice pages)
- Showing the time to the nearest 5 minutes (4 practice pages)
- Elapsed Time Word Stories (2 practice pages)
- Solving number stories
- Writing the correct sign <, >, =
- Identifying shapes in the real world
- Balance the equation true or false
- Identifying tens and ones and writing it in expanded form
- What is the value of the underlined number
- Adding & Subtracting to 20 using a number line
- Balance the equation with a missing addend
Bee on Time Bumblebee Craft
Make your own time on the craft or show the time on the clocks provided
Class progress sheet
Individual progress sheet
9 lessons completed for you
5 templates to create your own
SMART Notebook warm up lessons whole group
8 different lessons
8 pdf’s in case you don’t have SMART Notebook
Description, I Can Statements, Standards, Binder Cover and Layout
Rotation Templates in SMART Notebook or PDF version
**IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE TECHNOLOGY PIECES**
Some of this resource is in Google Slides format. You will NEED TO HAVE ACCESS to GOOGLE SLIDES to use this resource. It is also helpful to have GOOGLE CLASSROOM but not necessary. It will help you easily send the activities to your students.
Please note: I am not affiliated or associated with Google, nor do they endorse this resource.
Important: To redeem your Boom Cards, you will create an account for Boom Learning. The account you get with your purchase allows you to play the Boom Cards on interactive whiteboards and with individual students using Fast Play. Fast Play does not save student progress reports.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
***To try them out below with this preview link!****
Make sure to Follow Me so you know when I post new products. All products are 20% off the 1st 24 hours. You don't want to miss out!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.
Some other fun ways to connect....