Your students will inquire into time and measurement with authentic, open-ended investigations. The games will provide worksheet- free repetition of recognizing analog and digital times so that your students master basic time skills. (Hour, half hour, guarter from, quarter to and to the five minute time cards are included) .
- Tuning In teacher Script, picture prompts and anchor chart to record students' prior knowledge and questions
- Investigation into the language of time - analog clocks and fractions
- How big is your shadow- investigation into how the time of day and the time of the year affects your shadow. includes measurement and reflection
- Is time always the same- investigation into time figurative language
- Time Hunt
- Time surveys to gather data and graph results
Fairy Tale Time Board Game - focuses on reading analog times to the hour, half hour, quarter past and quarter to. Note: This game and game pieces are formatted on 11 x 17 paper to make it feel more like a typical board game.
Don't Get the Dragon Egg and Remember the Knight - both games focus on matching digital and analog times.
My Time Journal - a math writing center that focuses on analog and digital times, as well as, writing the times in words.
Differentiation is built into all games as they can be played to focus on a specific set of times (i.e. half hour tmes) or with a mixed set of times.
These activities have been some of the most popular in my classroom for the last several years. They are kid tested and approved!
I would love to know how you used this product. Simply leave your answer and feedback on this download and you'll gain valuable tpt points that can be used to buy other products on this site instead of using cash.