Also included in
- Save 10% of your money and HOURS of your life when you buy this bundle of resources! Included in this bundle are resources for the following:INCLUDED:Newcomer Adult ESL ColorsNewcomer Adult ESL Days of the WeekNewcomer Adult ESL Months of the YearNewcomer Adult ESL NumbersTelling Time for Newcomer$15.75$17.50Save $1.75
With a clock on every phone, why do our adult ESL students need to know how to ask for the time? Raise your hand if you ever forgot your phone somewhere. Even if we HAVE a phone on us, sometimes we need to ask what time an event begins or ends. Sometimes Google DOESN’T have the answer, and navigating through a website in English-only to try to find a time for something specific is difficult to do when English isn’t your first language.
You need more material, but you have other things going on in your life and can’t take the time to make your own materials. By purchasing this, you’ve just purchased time. Enjoy spending the time you’ve just saved yourself in any way that you choose! This saved time is redeemable each time you teach a class about telling time.
- Yes/No multiple-choice worksheet with analog clocks + Answer Key
- Statement multiple-choice worksheet with analog clocks + Answer Key
- Partner Speaking/Listening activity with analog clocks + Answer Key
- ALL OF THE ABOVE duplicated with digital clocks that use old-fashioned digital text and that use clean-line text
- Listening exercise (same as in the Numbers resource, but with different answers) + Teacher page/answer key
- Video Challenge for partners
- Partner Q & A activity with given questions
- Partner Q & A activity (students create questions)
- Reference sheet for prepositions, how to be imprecise when giving the time, and a conversation to practice with a partner
- Preposition fill-in-the-blank worksheet. Version 1 has the keywords underlined--use with lower-level students, so they know what to focus on and can ignore sentences. Version 2 has no underlined hints. + Answer Key
- Memory Matching Game in color and in black and white
- a digital presentation to get them practicing how to ask for and give the time (PDF set up to run like a PowerPoint)
The printable file and the digital presentation file are now merged into one PDF as a zipped file will not work in TpT's Digital Activities. This results in a large file. If you need them in separate files in order to print, just email me at email@example.com after purchasing so I can send them to you.
Looking for something interactive? I made some of the worksheets into BOOM cards! Check out Telling Time BOOM CARDS for Adult ESL.
Looking for more vocabulary resources for adult ESL newcomers/beginners?
- Newcomer Adult ESL Colors
- Newcomer Adult ESL Days of the Week
- Newcomer Adult ESL Months of the Year
- Newcomer Adult ESL Numbers
- Telling Time for Newcomer Adult ESL
- Body Part Vocabulary for Adult ESL bundle
- Clothing Vocabulary for ESL Adults BUNDLE
- Home Vocabulary for ESL Adults BUNDLE of worksheets, task cards, bingo, & more!