Learn to tell time! These clip cards are a great math center! They're fun for students to practice telling time with analog clocks. The analog clocks feature times for the hours, half-hours, quarter hours, and time to the nearest five minute increments are included. Children use clothespins to clip the matching digital time. These clip cards work well for math tubs, math stations, and learning centers.
There are 144 black and white clip cards and an additional 144 clip cards with colored clock frames. Please note that the hour hand and the minute are black in both the black and white and colored version.
Make this a self-checking activity by programming the answers on the backs with a light colored highlighter or small sticker. Four clip cards print on one sheet of paper. Each clip cards is approximately 4 x 5 inches. I recommend that you use white card-stock when printing the color version of this file. Use colored card-stock for the black and white version. (See the photos in the thumbnails for examples.)
Educational clip cards are quick and easy to make. Preparation is minimal and requires just a few supplies which include card-stock paper, clothespins, scissors, and access to a printer with black ink!
Here’s what’s included:
1. 12 clip cards with time to the hour.
2. 12 clip cards with time to the half hour.
3. 24 clip cards with time to the quarter hours.
4. 96 clip cards with times to the nearest five minutes.
* These analog clocks are unlined. There are no marks to indicate the minutes on the face of the clock. See my LINED version of the clocks HERE.
* If you need a smaller resource that targets first grade standards, check out my clip cards for hours and half-hours HERE.