Telling time in French can be challenging for beginner learners of French. The following activities have been inspired by the Kagan's Quiz Quiz Trade (also know as Task Cards) and Fan & Pick structures that will afford your students an opportunity to practice telling time in French in a very enjoyable and engaging way.
Activity #1 “Quiz quiz trade” (or task cards)
1) There are 12 different task cards.
2) Print as many cards as there are students in your class so that each student gets at least one card.
3) Cut the cards and laminate them for durability.
4) Distribute one (or more) card per student.
5) Students have to get up, pair up with another student, complete the task of the card, exchange cards with their partner, pair up with another student and repeat the activity again as many times as you see it fit.
6) Students have to ask the question from their card and their partner has to answer it in French. Then they switch.
7)The answers can be printed on the back of the cards.
Activity #2 “Fan & Pick”
1) Divide your students in groups of 4.
2) Give each group a stack of 12 cards.
3) Student #1 holds all 12 cards in a fan and says “Pick a card” (or “Choisis une carte”).
4) Student #2 picks a card and reads the question aloud.
5) Student #3 answers the question.
6) Student #4 checks the answer, corrects it if necessary and then praises. (Chouette! Très bien! Excellent!)
7) Students rotate roles, one person clockwise for each new round.
8) This activity can be done in pairs. Student #1 fans; Student #2 picks and reads; Student #1 answers; Student #2 checks and praises; students switch roles.
9) NB: if you think your students might forget their roles, print or project the “Fan & Pick” mat from the next slide.
You feedback would be greatly appreciated and it will earn you some TpT store credit that can be used for future purchases.