Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
42.27 MB | 10 pages
This is a set of 8 temperature vocabulary cards that make a great addition to a primary unit on temperature or measurement. I originally created them to look like trading cards for my ELL students and soon found that all of my students LOVE using them!
• 8 temperature vocabulary cards with the word and picture to represent it on the front and a definition as well as the word used in a sentence or some other example on the back.
• The same 8 temperature vocabulary cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture/symbol to remember the word and room to write their own definitions and sentences on the back.
• 8 blank cards that the students and teacher can use to add more temperature terms to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their temperature cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these temperature vocabulary flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class
I print these temperature vocabulary cards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 8 temperature words included in this set of cards are:
• boiling point
• freezing point
SAVE Over 45%
This product is included in my Math Vocabulary Bundle that includes 13 sets of math trading cards + word wall posters.