Ten Fame Game - Flash
is a card game which uses Ten Frames. The leader flashes a numbered Ten Frame Card at the students and in pairs the students call out the number shown. The first person to call out the answer wins the round. Play ten rounds. NB This 10 frame game can be modified to suit the needs of your learners very easily.
- How many more to ten?
- One more than the number shown
- Two more than the number shown
- One before the number shown
- add 5, add 10, multiply by 6 etc, etc
What You Need:
Students in Pairs
1 Set of Ten Frame Cards
Scratch paper & Writing implements (optional)
Preparation for Play:
1. Children form pairs and sit side by side facing the leader.
2. Each student needs a piece of scratch paper and a pencil if you need the students to record.
How to Play:
1. Leader shuffles the cards and shows a card from the top of the pile.
NB This version of the game is designed so you can cover one of the numbers with your fingers and require the students to use reasoning to work out what number is covered.
2. Students call out their answer to their partner.
How to Win:
First student to complete the number wins the round.
Play best of 10 rounds.
For a Bit of Fun:
Have the students write their number, slap their pencil down and call out the number to their partner.
NB This can get a bit loud but well worth the fun.
- What Math facts do I need to work on so I can 'See It, Say It'?
- What is this game trying to teach?
- How do you feel as soon as the card is turned over?
- Describe what happens in your mind when the card is turned over.
- How would you change this game to make it a better learning tool for your partner?
Please Note: This game is included in my MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includedsALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)