A $40.00 value, this MASSIVE three-month unit covering a wide range of grammar concepts complete with daily bell ringers, worksheets, quizzes, a final exam, a teacher's guide, and more!
Ten-Minute Grammar is a comprehensive grammar curriculum based on the Common Core Standards for seventh-grade, eighth-grade, or ninth-grade students. Using only the first ten minutes of each day, a series of nine individual units will help students learn a range of grammar skills that build on one another. Concepts students will focus on include:
* Using standard proofreading marks
* Spelling and correcting errors with common homophones
* Identifying hard-to-recognize nouns and verbs, including verb phrases
* Correcting errors with capitalization
* Avoiding common pronoun problems, including pronoun-antecedent agreement and choosing between subject pronouns and object pronouns
* Distinguishing between action verbs, linking verbs, helping verbs, and verb phrases
* Identifying gerunds and infinitives and using them correctly in sentences
* Identifying perfect and progressive verb phrases and choosing the most effective verb phrase for a given sentence
To give the students exposure to quality published writing, some of the practice example sentences from each unit are drawn from novels from a variety of genres:
* Sunrise over Fallujah and Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Meyers
* Stargirl by Walter Jerry Spinelli
* White Fang by Jack London
* The Hunger Games by Jack Suzanne Collins
* I Am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President by Josh Lieb
* Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
* Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick
* Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
This MASSIVE 182-page unit includes everything you'll need for an entire trimester of grammar instruction:
Nine individual units, each including...
* Seven to nine days of bell-ringer activities
* Daily wordplay activities
* Two or three double-sided worksheets
* One unit quiz
* Plus a full 159-page teacher's guide with answer keys and extra lesson plan instructions
A full trimester review unit, including...
* Nine days of bell-ringer activities
* More wordplay activities
* A comprehensive, 100-question final exam
* Two optional answer sheets, including one that could be used along with a bubble answer sheet for fast grading
* A teacher's guide with answer keys and tips for reviewing material with students
Literally hundreds of hours have gone into creating the materials included here. How much of your prep time do you spend searching for worksheets or quizzes or, even worse, creating them from scratch? The Ten-Minute Grammar program will save you a huge amount of time!
The daily bellwork or bell ringers can be copied onto transparencies for an overhead projector or projected digitally onto a white board or a SmartBoard.
Unit files will come as a PDF file, but the folder also includes the original Word files in case you want to make small tweaks to a page or two (which I often like to do when I purchase lesson materials from someone else.) Download the FREE preview in PDF format for a sample of what you'll get in the unit.
This master unit represents one-third of a full-year grammar program. Be sure to check out Trimester Two
and Trimester Three
. Or download them all together in one big, money-saving bundle: TMG: FULL YEAR
For more info on the nine units included in this download, check out the links below:
* #1 - Proofreading Marks
* #2 - Homophones Spelling Lesson One
* #3 - Nouns and Verbs
* #4 - Capitalization
* #5 - Pronoun Problems
* #6 - Types of Verbs
* #7 - Verbals--Gerunds and Infinitives
* #8 - Homophones Spelling Lesson Two
* #9 - Verb Phrases
And for a way to keep the grammar concepts in these units constantly in students' minds, check you my Grammar Word Wall
If you enjoy this product, please FOLLOW my store and don't forget to WRITE A REVIEW!
Created by Arik Durfee