Ten-Minute Grammar is a comprehensive grammar curriculum based on the Common Core Standards for seventh-grade, eighth-grade, or ninth-grade students. Using only the first ten minutes of each day, a series of nine individual units will help students learn a range of grammar skills that build on one another. Concepts students will focus on include:
* Identifying subjects and predicates
* Identifying and writing independent and subordinate clauses
* Analyzing sentence types: simple, compound, complex, compound-complex
* Correcting common verb problems: incorrect tense shifts and subject-verb agreement
* Correcting common comma errors
* Identifying and fixing common sentence errors: run-on sentences, comma splices, sentence fragments
To give the students exposure to quality published writing, some of the practice example sentences from each unit are drawn from novels from a variety of genres:
* Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
* Number the Stars and The Giver by Lois Lowry
* Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
* Animal Farm by George Orwell
* Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
* The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
* Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt
* The Maze Runner by James Dashner
This MASSIVE 208-page unit includes everything you'll need for an entire trimester of grammar instruction:
Nine individual units, each including...
* Seven to nine days of bell-ringer activities
* Daily wordplay activities
* Two or three double-sided worksheets
* One unit quiz
* A modified unit quiz for students with IEPs that call for differentiated tests
* Plus a full 198-page teacher's guide with answer keys and extra lesson plan instructions
A full trimester review unit, including...
* Nine days of bell-ringer activities
* More wordplay activities
* A comprehensive, 100-question final exam
* An additional modified 70-question exam
* A teacher's guide with answer keys and tips for reviewing material with students
Literally hundreds of hours have gone into creating the materials included here. How much of your prep time do you spend searching for worksheets or quizzes or, even worse, creating them from scratch? The Ten-Minute Grammar program will save you a huge amount of time!
The daily bellwork or bell ringers can be copied onto transparencies for an overhead projector or projected digitally onto a white board or a SmartBoard.
Unit files will come as a PDF file, but the folder also includes the original Word files in case you want to make small tweaks to a page or two (which I often like to do when I purchase lesson materials from someone else.) Download the FREE preview in PDF format for a sample of what you'll get in the unit.
This master unit represents one-third of a full-year grammar program. Be sure to check out Trimester One and Trimester Three. Or download them all together in one big, money-saving bundle: TMG: FULL YEAR!
For more info on the nine units included in this download, check out the links below:
* #10 - Subjects and Predicates - Currently Free
* #11 - Independent Clauses - $4.50
* #12 - Simple and Compound Sentences - $4.50
* #13 - Subordinate Clauses - $4.50
* #14 - Complex and Compound-Complex Sentences - $4.50
* #15 - Verb Problems - $4.50
* #16 - Comma Rules Lesson One - $4.50
* #17 - Comma Rules Lesson Two - $4.99
* #18 - Run-Ons, Comma Splices, and Fragments - $4.50
And for a way to keep the grammar concepts in these units constantly in students' minds, check you my Grammar Word Wall mini posters!
If you enjoy this product, please FOLLOW my store and don't forget to WRITE A REVIEW!
Created by Arik Durfee