Use these materials with the book by Kim Norman.
It's a cute "piggy back" story that follow the theme of "The in the Bed" with a winter twist!
Your kids will love this funny rhyming story about ten animal friends who go sledding together. It's a counting book, but the counting starts with ten and goes down to one! One-by-one the animals fall off the sled - all except for caribou. It's made more fun because of the colorful vocabulary, such as Seal spilled out, Walrus whirled out, Wolf wiped out.
You will get materials for:
Sequencing (with pictures, text and rebus style sentences)
- Pocket Chart Cards: picture cards, text cards, number cards, number word cards and rebus story sentence strips
- Flip Book Story Template: with rebus style story strips in color and black and white
- Sequencing Cut and Glue: with pictures in color and black and white
- Emergent Reader: two emergent readers...one with text only and cut and glue animal cards for children to add to each page. The second option has text and graphics to color and read!
- Story Retelling Necklace Patterns: in color and black and white...children will add cut them out and string them on a piece of yarn
- Read and Color Printable: read the animal names and color words
- Draw a line to Match: read each animal name and draw a line to match it to the correct animal from the story.
- Roll and Color: one or two dice number game with fun caribou graphics
- Story Retelling Mat: color retelling mat with ideas for small group activities and story involvement
- I Have, Who Has? Card Game: 23 cards
- How do you feel when you go sledding?: girl and boy face templates
- Which animal from the story was your favorite?: draw the animal on the sled