Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.58 MB | 4 pages
A song and activities to identify different family members.
What's included in the bundle:
- an mp3 file with the song "Tengo una familia grande"
- two printable Listening Comprehension Activities to be used as the students listen to the song. You can use both on the same day, a different one on different days for extra reinforcement and follow up, or if you teach more than one level, you may use one for one level and the other one for a different level
- a printable or projectable sheet with the song lyrics, so you and your students can sing along, and to use to check their work for one of the Listening Comprehension Activities
- a printable Cooperative Learning Activity, for students to work in pairs to apply and practice their knowledge of all of the topics listed below. The Cooperative Learning Activity focuses on using the knowledge in a meaningful way by speaking, writing, and listening to their peers. For added practice, an extra idea is to have each pair of students present a report to the class, using the already provided graphic organizer, to share their findings in complete Spanish sentences.
GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY in context:
The song "Tengo una familia grande" uses grammatical structures and vocabulary in complete Spanish sentences, to reinforce and deepen students' knowledge of:
* family vocabulary
* posessive adjectives "mi" and "tu"
* asking for the name of a third person (¿Cómo se llama tu ___?)
* stating the name of a third person
Ideas of use are:
- after presenting and developing the given topics.
- weeks or months after studying the topics, to motivate and / or activate prior knowledge.
- at the end of the school year to review and wrap up.