This helpful guide will help you understand, plan, prepare, organize, and assess your kindergarten students to complete the mandated portfolio for all Tennessee teachers.
As a kindergarten teacher in TN I was feeling overwhelmed by the new idea of submitting a portfolio. I knew others had to feel the same way. I spent months meticulously going through the Portfolio Guidebook, various trainings, and researching the website to compile the most important information for you. I have highlighted the most important information that you need to know. I have also worked closely with an experienced Portfolio grader to completely update this resource for the 2018-2019 school year! You will find over 200 pages of helpful information. 87 of the pages were added for this school year!
I have created anchor charts, reminders, differentiated printables, assessments, and scoring guides to go along with the tasks, as well as checklists, binder divider covers, and scoring tips.
You will find a wealth of information and printables to help you with the ELA options. (As a bonus, there is a math planning and scoring guide!)
I hope this resource saves you as much as it did me. :)
Take a look through the thumbnails and preview above to see the beautiful format!
In this resource you will find:
- The Purpose of the Portfolio
- Steps to a High-Quality Portfolio
- Where to Begin Tips
- Common Questions and Verified Answers
- Organization Tips
- Standard Tips
- How & When to Begin Tips
- Literature/Narrative Portfolio Options
- Informational/Explanatory Portfolio Options
- ELA Planning Guide for Literature/Narrative
- ELA Planning Guide for Informational/Explanatory
- Kindergarten ELA Planner
- Task Planning Checklist
- Scoring Tips
- Student Growth & Teacher Effectiveness Indicator Model
- Submission Tips
- New Information & Tips for the 2018-2019 School Year
- Each Literature/Narrative Option & Informational/Explanatory Option complete with Rubric, Task Anchor Charts, Printables, & More Plus Writing Pages, Scoring Guides, & Video Question Prompts for your Portfolio Submission!
- Binder Cover
- Math Planning Guide for Counting & Cardinality
- Math Planning Guide for Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- Math Scoring Guide
- 15 pages of Math Assessments for Point A & Point B. These are designed to be used with the K.CC.C.6 Standard and the K.OA.A.5 Standard. My school chose these 2 standards. (Use these exact assessments or if you have chosen different standards, use them to guide you as you build an appropriate assessment. These will be updated each year!)
Do you have I Can statements for the new TN standards? Head over here to see the beautiful format I used with Kindergarten statements! These pair perfectly with this resource.
All TN Standards in a Student Friendly "I Can" Format
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
• Huge Seasonal Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails