This is a set of math centers for exploring the number ten and the number bonds that make ten. These activities build number sense and understanding ten as a benchmark number.
• Tens Frame Number Match
- Match the numeral card with the number word and the tens frame model.
• Tens Partners
- Students match addition sentences with the tens frame models. For example, 6 + 4 would be matched to the tens frame with 6 blue dots and 4 pink dots. Includes all tens partner combinations.
• Make A Ten
- Using colored counters or dry erase markers, students complete the tens frame and number bond to make a ten. For example, on the card that says 3 + ____, students would fill in the 7 and then fill in the tens frame with 7 more dots to make the ten. Includes all tens partner combinations.
• Recording Sheet/Assessment
- Write the number 10, write the word ten, fill in the tens frame to show ten, and write a number sentence to make a ten. You can also use this page to assess number sense with numbers other than ten.
This resource is included in my Kindergarten YEAR LONG Bundle
along with 35 other math and reading resources just for kindergarten!
You may also like these resources for building number sense:
• Kindergarten Number of the Day
• Little Books: Learning About Numbers 1 to 10
• Numbers 1 to 10 Sorting & Matching
Connect with Me!
• Fishyrobb's Pond
• Fishyrobb on Pinterest
• Fishyrobb on Instagram
• Fishyrobb on Facebook
• Fishyrobb on Twitter