*Revised 11/13. Please re-download if you have already purchased!
Get into the Thanksgiving spirit by engaging your students in these turkey-themed writing activities! This unit includes informational, creative, and descriptive writing activities. Great for nonfiction research projects, creative writing projects, or center work!
• Turkey KWL
• Turkey Are/Can/Have thinking map
• All About Turkeys writing paper
• Opinion Writing: Would a Turkey Make a Good Pet?
• My Turkey Descriptive Writing – Students draw a turkey and write sentences to describe it.
• My Silly Turkey – Students color a turkey silly colors, make up silly facts about it, then write sentences about it!
• Turkey Trouble Book Response: How should the turkey escape Thanksgiving? Use after reading the book, Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano. Students write a creative plan for how the turkey should escape.
• Turkey Trouble Book Response: Favorite Part. Use after reading the book, Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano. Students write about their favorite part.
• Turkey Letter – Students write a letter from the perspective of a turkey, asking not to be eaten!
• Turkey Letter – Students write a letter TO a turkey. They ask questions and give advice for ways to not be eaten.
• Turkey Facts – Write and illustrate 2 facts about turkeys.
• Let’s Talk Turkey writing paper – Use this for a turkey report or any turkey-themed writing.
• Turkey Acrostic Poem – Write a word or sentence about turkeys beginning with each letter of “turkey!”
I hope your students will enjoy these activities as much as mine do. Please be sure to rate this product for credit on future TpT purchases!