I am an award winning, recently retired HS global studies teacher, now teaching in the Political Science Dept. of URI, and the Education Dept. of Salve Regina. Hence, I feel that I know my content well, and I also know a lot of successful teaching strategies which assist me in conveying said content. (See my profile)
Since I joined TpT in May 2015, forty-two teachers have bought this "Terrorism" product.
This power point includes 86 thought-provoking slides which lend themselves to lots of classroom discussion. The slides from the preview are from various parts of the power point presentation.
The essential question for the students is to define terrorism - a task which is much harder than at first glance.
Questions brought up in the process:
1) Were George Washington and Nelson Mandela terrorists?
2) Are all terrorists Islamic? Are they more likely to be Sunni or Shi'a?
3) What does the Koran have to say on this subject?
4) Are there examples of "Christian terrorism"?
5) Can a government be accused of terrorism? Was US treatment of Native Americans in the 1600s - late 1800s a form of terrorism?
6) What were the complaints of Osama bin Laden?
7) How far has Al-Qaeda and ISIS spread?
If you like my style and substance, check out my other 51 products on TpT at my TpT "store": 21st Century Global Studies. Here are some of my products: ISIS, Islam - you'll be surprised, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, Libya, Central American migration to the USA, Guatemala, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Botswana, Somalia, Comparative Electoral systems, UN Simulations on Capital Punishment, Drug Trafficking, Climate Change and Syria, Democracy, Communism, North Korea, Bhutan, Finland and more!