is a Social Studies resource designed for the Canadian classroom. It introduces students to a famous Canadian through story and vocabulary specific to the person's legacy. This resource focuses on Terry Fox, who raised money and awareness for cancer by embarking on a run across Canada. Terry Fox is a great role model of someone with a growth mindset. Vocabulary: perseverance, growth mindset, and inspire.
Here's a look at what's included in the Terry Fox
• Timeline PowerPoint Presentation with vocabulary
• Tab book with reading passages and questions
• Terry Fox quote poster and colouring page
• Vocabulary posters
• Trading card
• Fixed and growth mindset sort worksheet and anchor chart
• If I met... journal
• Inspiring Canada: growth mindset
Looking for more Canadian Resources?
Maple Sugar Bush: A Science, Math, and Language Unit
Remembrance Day in Canada
Canadian Money Bundle
Famous Canadian: Viola Desmond
Perfectly Imperfect in Second Grade