Test Prep for How to Answer Multiple-Choice Questions
This resource is for Interactive Notebooks or File Folders
. If you would prefer more traditional resources, check out the Test Prep - Answering Multiple Choice Questions unit HERE.
In this 5-day unit, students learn specific strategies to promote success on state assessments and daily practice. Students are exposed to test-taking strategies for answering multiple-choice questions.
In this unit students will be assembling Interactive Notebooks or File Folders
as they develop critical test-taking skills. During this unit students learn and practice test-taking tips, understand the “anatomy” of a multiple-choice question, learn how to answer a multiple-choice question, and develop three strategies for answering multiple-choice questions. Students practice the question-answering strategies with nine short reading passages. Then, students demonstrate their learning with two long reading passages. Students stay actively engaged through small group, partner, and whole class learning activities.
In this unit students will complete a collection of graphic organizers that they will assemble in an interactive notebook or file folder. The notebook or file folder and the interactive shapes serve as a fantastic hands-on educational tool. Students interact with their learning as they create the notebook or file folder and review the finished product.
The design of the interactive notebook or file folder serves many purposes:
• The notebook or file folder serves as a reference for students to use as they complete the literature study. It’s filled with 3-D representations of the unit’s instruction.
• The interactive learning materials provide a fun, hands-on approach to learning that taps into multiple learning styles.
• Creating an interactive notebook or file folder is motivating and empowering for all students.
• Interactive notebooks and file folders create a visual representation of the key concepts covered in the unit.
• Oh, and one more time…they make learning fun!
This detailed unit includes:
• Detailed Lesson Plans (5)
• Lots of images to help assemble the file folders
• Visual Representation of the final Interactive File Folder
• Test Prep Tips for Teachers
• State Assessment Parent Information Handout
• Interactive Notebook Resources
o Test Taking Tips
o Anatomy of a Multiple-Choice Question
o How to Answer a Multiple-Choice Question
o Strategies for Answering Multiple-Choice Questions
o Practice Passages and Multiple-Choice Questions for each Strategy (9 Total)
o Long Practice Passages with Multiple-Choice Questions (2)
• All Instructional Keys
During this unit, students will...
• Develop understanding of state assessments
• Develop and practice key strategies for answering multiple-choice questions
• Understand how multiple-choice questions are crafted
• Investigate and practice test-taking strategies
• Use specific question-answering strategies to correctly answer multiple-choice questions
• Develop reading comprehension skills
You may also like…
Independent Reading Program
Listening Comprehension Unit
Poetry Analysis Unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction