These paired passages make super test prep since the topics are actually ABOUT good testing strategies! 6 original fairy tale poems and matching nonfiction paragraphs reinforce test-taking strategies before state testing or anytime. Each passage includes one page of 8 multiple-choice comprehension questions with A, B, C, D answer choices. There are 3 questions per poem, 3 questions per paragraph, and 2 questions asking students to consider information from both texts.
The fairy tales poems are based on Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Hansel and Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, and The Three Little Pigs. The objective of each passage is to reinforce a test-taking strategy. For example, Little Red dawdled in the woods when she should've paced herself. Cinderella worked hard and did her best even though it wasn't her choice. This test prep is clever and fun!
The thumbnails and preview show the text and question format. Readability levels are in the 4th to lower 6th grade range. I have included the passages with the lowest and highest readability levels in the preview so you can judge whether or not they will work for your students. The questions include a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. I have 32 years of experience in preparing students for standardized reading testing and in studying these types of tests.
Here is what is included when you purchase this resource:
• Beauty and the Beast & Crime Scene Clues paired passage and questions (2 pages)
• Cinderella & Hard Work vs. Talent paired passage and questions (2 pages)
• Goldilocks and the Three Bears & Catching Zs and Making As paired passage and questions (2 pages)
• Hansel and Gretel & When Candy Isn't Dandy paired passage and questions (2 pages)
• Little Red Riding Hood & Time to Be Awesome paired passage and questions (2 pages)
• The Three Little Pigs & Building Success paired passage and questions (2 pages)
• Answer key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
Click here to get the fairy tale poems in their own Once Upon a Test PPT.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out the Test Prep
section of my store for more resources to prepare students for standardized testing.
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!