PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Use these test prep passages with multiple choice questions to prepare for standardized reading testing in grades 4-5. The set includes 1 poem, 1 paired text, 2 fictional book excerpts, 5 informational texts, and bonus strategies posters. Each reading passage is one page of text and one page of 8 multiple-choice comprehension questions with A, B, C, D answer choices. The questions include a variety of reading skills. They are great for reading comprehension practice and confidence-building, and the perfect length for interventions or homework!
As a bonus, I am also including my ARMED test strategies poster printables and student bookmarks. ARMED is an mnemonic I developed to help students remember the steps to take when working on a reading passage. ARMED works great and is super easy to remember.
Check out the preview to see the format of all the passages. I have 32 years of experience in preparing students for standardized reading testing and in studying these types of tests.
Here is what is included when you purchase this resource:
• A Genteel Family poem and questions (2 pages)
• Black Beauty excerpt and questions (2 pages)
• The Secret Garden excerpt and questions (2 pages)
• Cloud Cargo informational text and questions (2 pages)
• Commander-in-Teeth informational text and questions (2 pages)
• Glacier Gangs informational text and questions (2 pages)
• Release the Kraken informational text and questions (2 pages)
• Those Creepy Spiders informational text and questions (2 pages)
• Go Fly a Kite & Turn On the Lights paired text (2 pages)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• ARMED Testing Strategies posters in BW (2 pages)
• ARMED Testing Strategies posters in color (2 pages)
• ARMED Student Bookmarks (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
Black Beauty and The Secret Garden are in the lower 4th grade range. Cloud Cargo and Glacier Gangs are in the upper 4th grade range. A Genteel Family, Commander-in-Teeth, Release the Kraken, Those Creepy Spiders, and Go Fly a Kite/Turn On the Lights are in the mid-to-upper 5th grade range.
Please NOTE that the 5 informational texts in this resource are also sold in some of my other best-selling sets of Reading Passages. However, the questions and the answer choices are not exactly the same.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out the Test Prep section of my store for more resources to prepare students for standardized testing.
► CLICK HERE to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!