Test Prep means active learning with these EIGHT stations that will have your students practicing all those reading comprehension and analysis skills they need for success on ELA state tests! Students enjoy movement and group work! These stations provide specific standards-based practice, engaging students in discussion, close reading, and deep thinking.
Detailed task cards and creative student handouts make the activities both challenging and fun!
Clear and specific teacher guidelines are provided to make set up and grading super quick and easy. Great for differentiation—you choose the stations that best fit your students’ needs.
The EIGHT TEST PREP STATION TOPICS are:
1. Word Connotation
3. Vocabulary in Context
4. Multiple Choice
5. Short (Constructed) Response
6. Main Claim and Evidence
7. Essay Response
8. Tone and Figurative Language
Reading passages are included, and two stations require technology to access online articles.
TEACHERS who have used this resource say:
"I was absolutely amazed at the communication in my groups as they rotated through these stations. My evaluation was also done during this activity and our administrator told me how impressive this was. Thank you!!"
"One of the best products on TPT! My students loved this and it was a thorough, interactive way to review for our upcoming state test. Highly recommend this product!"
"This is a great product! Seriously worth the money. My students liked working together to accomplish each task. Instead of me standing in front of the class doing a boring review, they were able to teach each other."
"My students have thoroughly enjoyed this resource! It is a must have for test prep!"
"What a fantastic test prep! Highly engaging and an excellent review. Thank you!"
This resource contains:
1. TASK CARDS – Eight colorful task cards, each with a section entitled “What You Need to Know.” Here, key tips and review information activate prior knowledge and prepare students for success with the station activity. The task card also outlines completion steps. Students read the task card together when they assemble at the station.
2. STUDENT HANDOUTS – The 2-3-sided handouts are attractively designed and align with the station task cards so students can get right into their activity and begin discussing and delving into the topic.
3. SIGNS FOR EACH STATION – Eight colorful folding stand-up signs that match the task cards - can be set on the table or group of desks for each station to guide students to their areas.
4. GRADING RUBRIC – A 4-point Grading Rubric is included for your convenience. The rubric describes qualities of student work on four levels with space for you to assign your own grade or number of points. A quick, easy, and motivating "group" grading system is offered.
5. ANSWER KEY – An answer key is provided for all student tasks that require specific responses.
6. AMENDED TASK CARDS – A set of task cards is included without mention of a group grading system. These cards can be used in place of the original task cards by teachers who prefer to grade each student’s work individually.
7. TEACHER GUIDELINES – Specific guidelines for implementing and grading the station work offer suggestions and tips for getting the most out of this resource and using it with ease.
8. COMMON CORE STANDARDS - The specific CCSS addressed in this resource are listed.
If you are looking for engaging ELA test practice activities that provide rigor and motivate your students, look no further! These stations offer meaningful review for critical test-taking skills. As you circulate the classroom, your students will be discussing, analyzing, delving into text, applying, and creating together.
*NOTE: This is not a digital resource for use in Google Drive. It is a print-and-use resource (PDFs), but requires Internet access for two of the stations.
Please open the PREVIEW for a closer look!
You might also like:
ELA Assessment and Test Review MINI-BOOK - Grades 6-7-8 Common Core
Literature Stations with Task Cards for ANY Novel Drama or Story - Common Core
Figurative Language Stations - Common Core
Vocabulary Activities - Vocabulary Study with Word Wall Posters & Quizzes 6-9
---Yes! Join my list to receive Teaching Tips, New Product Updates, and FREEBIES from Joy