Test Prep Literacy Centers with a Spring Theme! All you need to have SEVEN splendidly fun centers! All centers include directions, playing cards, recording sheets, and an answer key. Over 45 pages!
Download the FREE preview file to see what is included!
Common Core Standards alignment
1. Is it Lovely or Lousy? Students sort sentence cards determining if they are written correctly or incorrectly.
2. Planting with Parts of Speech: Students sort word cards in to Nouns, Verbs, or Adjectives piles.
3.Fishing for the Central Message: Students read 2 original Fiction and 2 original Nonfiction passages with a fishing theme and must determine the Central Message and provide evidence.
4. Make a Splash with Spelling: Students must decide if 3rd grade High Frequency Words are written correctly or incorrectly.
5. Take a Hike with Homophones: Students read sentences and determine which homophone would make the sentence correct.
6. Run the Bases: This baseball themed game requires students to race each other to say the two words that make up a contraction. The winner advances to the next base.
7. Hammer Bad Grammar: Students read biographic sentences about Theodore Geisel and must pick the part of the sentence that does not make sense, has incorrect capitalization, or has incorrect punctuation.