This unit uses the Reading Workshop model to instruct students in the area of reading while also explicitly teaching test taking strategies. The unit requires students to use what they know about the predictability of various text structures to aid them in navigating passages and determining correct answers. While the teaching points are provided for the entire unit, this portion focuses on Narrative Structures and provides lessons, anchor charts, and resource links for the first 5 days of the unit. Bear in mind, this particular sequence may take more than 5 days depending on your students. This product contains:
- unit rationale
- a sequence of teaching points for the entire unit
- full plans for five-ten days (depending on students)
- multiple anchor charts per lesson
- resource links for access to particular passages
- customized question sets for easy skill assessment
This unit is based on Lucy Calkins' Test Prep Unit in her Common Core aligned Curricular Plan.