Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This introductory test for physical science features nine sections, which are packed into a full-page document to minimize the number of copies run off! The sections are outlined below. The number of problems for each question is shown in parenthesis.
1. How many figures are there in the following numbers? (8)
2. Round the following numbers to three significant figures. You may need to convert the answer from standard notation to scientific notation to honor the rounding rule. (6)
3. Express the following numbers from standard notation to scientific (power of ten) notation (6)
4. Change the following numbers from scientific (power of ten) notation to standard notation (5)
5. Perform the following mathematical operations honoring the multiplication and division rule of significant figures. (4)
6. Perform the following mathematical operations honoring the addition and subtraction rule of significant figures. For c and d, honor the addition and subtraction rule for operations with scientific notation. (4)
7. Write the correct metric prefix conversion. (9)
8. Calculate the correct equivalency value for the set of English (non-metric) measuring units using the appropriate conversion factor. Show your work for each problem! (5)
9. Graph the data in the table. Create a line graph. Title the graph and label both axes. (1)
This document is editable. Never mind the warped thumbnail images- they inaccurately portray the document. You could edit the point valuation and title to offer this activity as a study guide instead. This test also includes a built-in metric prefix scale to assist learners who might need an accommodation. I included a two-page answer key with the answers in red colored font. I also offer both separate and bundled exercises for counting, rounding, and honoring the number of significant figures for various rules in mathematical operations in my store. I am published since 2002. I invite you to allow my publishing experience be of assistance to you.