Tet Offensive Students Notes Page
1. What does it mean to be in a war?
2. Recall who / what the following words are
d. President majority of the time
e. Military tactics used by Vietnamese
f. Military tactics used by US
3. Why did the following people dislike the Vietnam War?
4. What was General Westmore’s plan?
5. What does it mean to fight like a gentleman? When / under what conditions would someone not be fighting like a gentleman? (not personal but military)
6. What does it mean “Military Victory Becomes a Political Disaster” (you can use examples if you need to
# Of Troops in Vietnam
______________ by 1965 ______________ by 1966 _____________ by 1967
What did Our Leaders Tell the American People
What was Tet
Why you Care about Tet
How we reacted:
At Home Reaction
Did We Really Win the War?
What could we have done differently:
Directions: Describe what the group or person could have done differently to make the American Public ALL Stand behind America
Lyndon B. Johnson