This is a complete visual art learning resource that teaches students all the about the printmaking technique of intaglio etching. The main project tutorial features how to create a beautiful tonal etching using Tetra Pak box packaging. This package also has links to free videos that demonstrate each process: https://youtu.be/6vu4pON_wEo
The full package includes:
- INQUIRY: the course begins with a two page analysis handout explaining the art element of TONE. Students are then required to complete a range of drawing tasks that focus on creating tone with lines and marks.
- ART PRACTICE: students will then apply what they have learnt in the inquiry tasks to create and print their own intaglio etching plate. The full project tutorial includes detailed instructions, written in student-friendly language, and full colour photos of each step. There is also 2 design extension printmaking projects for early finishers.
- RESPONDING: on completion of their practical work, students will then fill out a two page self evaluation, that has easy to understand, guided questions designed to elicit informed responses about their artwork.
- ART ANALYSIS: students will then analyse a famous engraving by the Renaissance artist Albrecht Durer. Like the evaluation worksheet, this handout is broken down into guided questions and follows a critical analysis framework.
- REFERENCE: The final three pages feature a range of high quality reference images for students to use in their drawing and making tasks.
- Learning Area Outcomes (1 Page)
- Elements of Art: Tone (2 pages)
- Drawing Worksheet: Tone & Form (4 pages)
- Project Tutorial: Tetra Pak Etching (4 pages)
- Design Extension: Long-format printing (2 pages)
- Responding Worksheet: Self-Evaluation (2 pages)
- Visual Art Analysis: Albrecht Durer (3 pages)
- Reference Images: Landscapes and plants forms (3 pages)