PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Your students will love learning about the Texas Cattle Trails with this engaging, no prep reading activity! This is perfect for adding literacy to your social studies curriculum because it’s academically-aligned for ELA and for social studies. Plus, it’s so easy to use that you can even leave it for sub plans!
This resource includes five activity pages and their answer keys. The passage is written at a 5th grade reading level and is accompanied with seven multiple choice questions, one graphic organizer, one constructed response, and one extended response question with a rubric and “text-based” phrases.
The objective of this activity is for students to be able to describe the role of the cattle trails in the late 19th century, include the Black Cowboys of Texas, The Great Western Cattle Trail, and The Chisholm Trail.
This objective and resources aligns with Georgia Standards of Excellence, but can supplement many state standards.
• Describe the role of the Black Cowboys of Texas
• Describe the role of the Great Western Cattle Trail
• Describe the role of the Chisholm Trail
• Describe the importance of the cattle trails in the
economic development of Texas and its cattle industry
• Describe the importance of the cattle and its
development of urban areas as well as the west
• Passage (leveled for 5th grade) over the cattle trails of Texas and their impact on the economic development
• Graphic Organizer (x1)
• Multiple Choice Questions (x7)
• Constructed Response (x1)
• Extended Response with rubric and "text-based" sentences starters (x1)
• Answer Keys
Save over 30% by purchasing this in a BUNDLE!
Don't need the entire year? You can still save 20% with this BUNDLE!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Don't forget to leave feedback! I love hearing it, plus you will earn TpT credits towards a FREE product!
Be sure to FOLLOW ME on TpT so you can receive notifications of my brand new resources! You don't want to miss out!