Texas History is a TEKS-aligned Bundle featuring SEVEN COMPLETE lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text to teach 4th Grade students about Native Americans in Texas, Explorers, Missions, the Texas Revolution, the Republic of Texas, Statehood, and so much more!
For less than $3.20 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with a balanced mix of engaging lower and higher level hands-on activities that students need to learn about Texas History:
• Questions after each of the 7 Texas lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• TEKS-aligned Language Skills after each of the 7 Texas History lessons
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to encourage Critical Thinking
• Reference Mapping Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• using Number Coordinates to solve puzzles and plot points on a Grid
• differentiation between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Texas History Time Lines using Picture Cues-great for ELL Students!
• Research Project about Spanish Missions in Texas-we provide all information
• Creative and Expository Writing-KWLH Charts and pre-writing questions included!
• Journal Writing to trace the route of Pioneers to Texas during the 1830s
• How-to-Draw and How-to-Make activities that require Functional Text Comprehension
• Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make their own 3D Pueblo Dwellings. All patterns and step-by-step directions included!
Lesson 1 –
Lesson 2 –
Lesson 3 –
Lesson 4 –
Americans in Texas
Lesson 5 –
The Texas Revolution
Lesson 6 –
The Texas Republic
Lesson 7 –
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Writing and Texas Research activities.
Download the Texas History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, TEKS Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER 4TH GRADE TEXAS AND SOUTHWEST STATE RESOURCES:
TEXAS GEOGRAPHY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
TEXAS ANIMALS BUNDLE OF NINE LESSONS
TEXAS GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY BUNDLE OF TEN LESSONS
SOUTHWEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
7TH GRADE TEXAS TEACHERS:
CLICK HERE FOR 7TH GRADE TEXAS RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THIS TEXAS HISTORY BUNDLE EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.