Are you looking for an easy to use product to help you teach Texas History! This product was designed with a 4th grade classroom in mind. This is the first unit in my interactive notebook series for Texas History.
In this unit your students will discover:
• The importance of the declaration of independence,
￼the U.S. Constitution, and the bill of rights
• Explain the meaning of various patriotic symbols and
landmarks of the U.S and Texas.
• Recite and explain the meaning of the Pledge of
Allegiance to the United States flag and to the Texas
• Identify the five themes of geography
• Apply geographic tools to construct and interpret
In this document you will be receiving:
-2 weeks worth of lessons to help you kick off your social studies curriculum
-Documents to help set up your notebooks
-A rubric to help you grade your students work
-An objective overview for the curriculum
-Detailed lesson plans to help motivate and inspire your students interactive journals
-Foldables, activities, and writing prompts for each lesson
-an end of the unit review and test to help assess your students knowledge
6 Geography. The student uses geographic tools to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
6. A apply geographic tools, including grid systems, legends, symbols, scales, and compass roses, to construct and interpret maps
15 Government. The student understands important ideas in historical documents of Texas and the United States. The student is expected to
15. A identify the purposes and explain the importance of the Texas Declaration of Independence, the Texas Constitution, and other documents such as the Meusebach-Comanche Treaty
15. C identify the intent, meaning, and importance of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights (Celebrate Freedom Week)
16 Citizenship. The student understands important customs, symbols, and celebrations of Texas.
16. A explain the meaning of various patriotic symbols and landmarks of Texas, including the six flags that flew over Texas, the San Jacinto Monument, the Alamo, and various missions
16. B sing or recite "Texas, Our Texas
16. C recite and explain the meaning of the Pledge to the Texas Flag
21 Social studies skills. The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired from a variety of valid sources, including electronic technology
21. C organize and interpret information in outlines, reports, databases, and visuals, including graphs, charts, timelines, and maps;
22 Social studies skills. The student communicates in written, oral, and visual forms. The student is expected to:
22. D create written and visual material such as journal entries, reports, graphic organizers, outlines, and bibliographies
*Identify the intent, meaning, and importance of the declaration of independence, the United States Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
*Study and recite a key passage from the declaration of independence.
*Explain the meaning of various patriotic symbols and landmarks of the United States.
*Identify and explain the meaning of various symbols of Texas.
*Sing or recite "Texas, Our Texas and analyze the words of the song
*Identify rules and regulations concerning the United States flag.
*Recite and explain the meaning of the pledge of Allegiance to the United States flag and to the Texas flag.
*Analyze important characteristics of good citizens by discussing and reflecting on their thoughts and ideas
*Identify the five themes of geography
*Organize and interpret information in maps
If you have any questions please feel free to email me or leave a comment in the Q&A tab!