These biographies are paragraphs featuring 20 important individuals in Texas history. Each passage is one page and consists of one paragraph of informational text with 4 multiple choice comprehension questions. The questions are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests and include a variety of reading skills. You can prepare for state testing and get social studies grades at the same time!
15 of these individuals are specifically required in the Grade 4 Social Studies TEKS, making them great for 4th grade Texas classrooms. The other 5 are extras of my choosing. The paragraphs are high-interest, filled with academic vocabulary, and quite rigorous despite their short length. The measured reading levels on most texts range from 4th-6th, so your lowest readers may need extra support and teacher guidance. Purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience preparing students for standardized reading testing.
Please check out the preview to determine if these passages would be suitable for your students.
Here is what is included when you purchase this resource:
• TEKS Audie Murphy (1 page)
• TEKS Bessie Coleman (1 page)
• TEKS Clara Driscoll (1 page)
• TEKS David Crockett (1 page)
• TEKS Francisco Coronado (1 page)
• TEKS Gail Borden (1 page)
• TEKS James Bowie (1 page)
• TEKS Juan Seguin (1 page)
• TEKS Lizzie Johnson (1 page)
• TEKS Lydia Mendoza (1 page)
• TEKS Michael DeBakey (1 page)
• TEKS Sam Houston (1 page)
• TEKS Santa Anna (1 page)
• TEKS Stephen F. Austin (1 page)
• TEKS Susanna Dickinson (1 page)
• Extra Bill Pickett (1 page)
• Extra Cynthia Ann Parker (1 page)
• Extra John V. Singer (1 page)
• Extra Judge Roy Bean (1 page)
• Extra Oveta Culp Hobby (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► 8 of these important people are also featured in my Texas History Paired Reading Passages.
► CLICK HERE to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!