Content Outlines, Activities, Study Tools, and an Assessment covering Texas history including Texas' cultures, celebrations, and heritages, and a review of the six flags that flew over Texas. Texas pride and good citizenship is discussed as well.
This is a companion product. The Weekly magazines are NOT INCLUDED in this product. They must be purchased separately.
This product is designed to be a companion to Texas Studies Weekly (TSW), a weekly magazine subscription available to students in Texas. Many schools have adopted TSW as their social studies curriculum because it meets the needs of today’s students and includes every fourth grade social studies standard mandated by the state.
If you haven’t heard of Texas Studies Weekly, check it out! It really is AMAZING!
There are 10 items included with this product:
• Outline Study Guide- (6 pages)
• Vocabulary Flash Cards (2 Versions)
• Word Bank (for differentiation)
• ELA Integration- Creative Writing: How Texas Really Got Its Name (2 pages)
• Six Flags Over Texas Tab Booklet (8 pages)
• You’re Invited to the Folklife Festival (2 pages)
• Good Citizenship Certificates (11 pages)
• Six Flags Over Texas Pennant Banner (6 pages)
• Test (4 pages)
• Study Guide and Test Keys (10 pages)
This resource packet, when used alongside Weeks 30-31 of Texas Studies Weekly, covers:
Week 30: Texas Cultures
• Summarize the history of immigration of many cultures to Texas
• Explain geographic reasons for immigration patterns
• Analyze the economic impact of immigration
• Explain how an immigrant becomes a citizen
• Identify differences within ethnic groups
• Identify different contributions of various groups of people
TEKS.b.8B, 10A, 10B, 12A, 12C, 12D, 17B, 19A, 19B, 19C, 21A, 21E
Week 31: Texas Pride
• Summarize the history, geographic background, economic factors, government development, and cultural history of Texas
• Review the six flags that have flown over Texas
TEKS.b2A, 2B, 2D, 2E, 3B, 4A, 8B, 8C, 10A, 14B, 16A, 16B, 16C, 21B, 21C, 22D
If you like this, check out all of my related products!
Weeks 1-2- Texas Geography & Regions
Weeks 3-4- Texas Government & Early Texans
Weeks 5-7- Texas Indians
Weeks 9-11- Christopher Columbus and Early Explorers
Weeks 12-13- Missions and Presidios
Weeks 14-15- Sam Houston & Stephen F. Austin
Weeks 17-18- Alamo, Goliad, San Jacinto
Weeks 19-21- Sam Houston
Weeks 22-23- Civil War and Reconstruction
Weeks 25-27- Cowboys, Railroads, and Oil
Check out my other Texas History stuff! There are lots of other products like this one!
Follow me to receive updates when more Texas History products are available!