Content Outlines, Activities, Study Tools, and an Assessment covering Texas history including the Great Depression, the industrial revolution, advances in manufacturing, the Texas economy of the 1900s, the aerospace industry, and important people on the 20th century!
This is a companion product. The Weekly magazines are NOT INCLUDED in this product. They must be purchased separately.
This product is designed to be a companion to Texas Studies Weekly (TSW), a weekly magazine subscription available to students in Texas. Many schools have adopted TSW as their social studies curriculum because it meets the needs of today’s students and includes every fourth grade social studies standard mandated by the state.
If you haven’t heard of Texas Studies Weekly, check it out! It really is AMAZING!
There are 10 items included with this product:
• Outline Study Guide- (8 pages)
• Vocabulary Flash Cards (2 Versions)
• Word Bank (for differentiation)
• ELA Integration- Expository writing about astronauts
• Picture Scrapbook (digital project)- Audie Murphy
• Important People of the 20th Century Graphic Organizer
• Rosie the Riveter Poster Maker
• The New Deal artist interpretation
• Test (4 pages)
• Study Guide and Test Keys
This resource packet, when used alongside Weeks 28-29 of Texas Studies Weekly, covers:
Week 28: The Early 1900s
• Identify the impact of technological advances in agriculture, industry, electrical power, manufacturing, communication, etc. on life and how people earn their living in Texas
• Explain the impact of mass production, specialization, division of labor and communication on the Texas economy.
TEKS.b.22.A, TEKS.b.4.B, TEKS.b.21.C, TEKS.b.5.A,TEKS.b.12.A, TEKS.b.20.B, TEKS.b.12.F,TEKS.b.13.B, TEKS.b.21.B, TEKS.b.8.A,TEKS.b.22.B, TEKS.b.5.B, TEKS.b.20.A,TEKS.b.18.B, TEKS.b.11.B, TEKS.b.8.B,TEKS.b.13.C, TEKS.b.22.E, TEKS.b.12.D,TEKS.b.12.E, TEKS.b.13.A, TEKS.b.9.A,TEKS.b.11.C, TEKS.b.22.C, TEKS.b.22.D
Week 29: The 20th Century
• Identify the impact of aerospace and computer technology on life in Texas and predict how future scientific discoveries and technological innovations might affect life in Texas
• Identify the accomplishments of some notable individuals of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
TEKS.b.12.F, TEKS.b.20.A, TEKS.b.17.C,TEKS.b.21.E, TEKS.b.12.A, TEKS.b.17.D,TEKS.b.21.B, TEKS.b.5.A, TEKS.b.22.C, TEKS.b.4.B,TEKS.b.12.E, TEKS.b.22.D, TEKS.b.18.A,TEKS.b.22.A, TEKS.b.11.B, TEKS.b.12.B,TEKS.b.13.A, TEKS.b.22.E, TEKS.b.21.A,TEKS.b.8.A, TEKS.b.5.B, TEKS.b.12.C, TEKS.b.13.B,TEKS.b.9.A, TEKS.b.19.C, TEKS.b.20.C,TEKS.b.21.C, TEKS.b.22.B
If you like this, check out all of my related products!
Weeks 1-2- Texas Geography & Regions
Weeks 3-4- Texas Government & Early Texans
Weeks 5-7- Texas Indians
Weeks 9-11- Christopher Columbus and Early Explorers
Weeks 12-13- Missions and Presidios
Weeks 14-15- Sam Houston & Stephen F. Austin
Weeks 17-18- Alamo, Goliad, San Jacinto
Weeks 19-21- Sam Houston
Weeks 22-23- Civil War and Reconstruction
Weeks 25-27- Cowboys, Railroads, and Oil
Check out my other Texas History stuff! There are lots of other products like this one!
Follow me to receive updates when more Texas History products are available!