Texas History is a TEKS-aligned Bundle featuring EIGHT COMPLETE lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text to teach 4th Grade students about Native Americans in Texas, Explorers, Missions, the Texas Revolution, the Republic of Texas, Statehood, and so much more!
For less than $2.90 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about Texas History:
• Questions after each of the 8 Texas lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• TEKS-aligned Language Skills after each of the 8 lessons to foster Literacy in Social Studies
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to encourage Critical Thinking
• Reference Mapping Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• using Number Coordinates to solve Mystery puzzles and plot points on a Grid
• differentiation between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Texas History Interactive Time Lines using Picture Cues-great for ELL Students!
• Research Project about Spanish Missions in Texas-we provide all information
• Creative and Expository Writing-KWLH Charts and pre-writing questions included!
• Journal Writing to trace the route of Pioneers to Texas during the 1830s
• How-to-Draw and How-to-Make activities to practice Functional Text Comprehension
• Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make their own 3D Pueblo Dwellings. All patterns and step-by-step directions included!
Lesson 1 –
Lesson 2 –
Lesson 3 –
Lesson 4 –
Americans in Texas
Lesson 5 –
The Texas Revolution
Lesson 6 –
The Texas Republic
Lesson 7 –
Lesson 8 –
The Civil War
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Writing and Research projects.
Download the Texas History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, TEKS Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER 4TH GRADE TEXAS AND SOUTHWEST STATE RESOURCES:
TEXAS GEOGRAPHY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
TEXAS ANIMALS BUNDLE OF NINE LESSONS
TEXAS GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY BUNDLE OF ELEVEN LESSONS
SOUTHWEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE – ALL FOUR SOUTHWEST STATES
7TH GRADE TEXAS TEACHERS:
CLICK HERE FOR 7TH GRADE TEXAS RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THIS TEXAS HISTORY BUNDLE EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.