Also included in
- Lap books engage students with cartoon images and short summaries - But teachers love lap books because they increase student participation, organization and content knowledge! The lap books in this Texas History bundle are great for summarizing information from an entire unit. They include visual$49.99$64.92Save $14.93
- Lap books engage students in Texas History with cartoon images and short summaries. Teachers love lap books because they increase student participation, organization and content knowledge! The lap books in this bundle are great for summarizing information from an entire unit. They include visual su$49.99$69.90Save $19.91
- What role did Texas play in the Civil War? How did Texas contribute? How did the Civil War impact Texas? Purchase the bundle of Texas History activities for the Civil War to receive resources for the events leading to the Civil War, the Civil War in Texas, and games to review. This resource bundle$75.00$121.88Save $46.88
- My Texas History bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Texas Geography to activities for Modern Texas. These resources can be used for distance learning with Google Slides!!! ✨Save hundreds of dollars when you purchase the bundle now!✨ Once you make this purchase, make$599.00$721.77Save $122.77
- Save yourself MONTHS of lesson planning for 7th grade Texas History and money! In this bundle, you will receive all of my Texas History lessons for the Civil War through the Modern Era. Each of these lessons include previews, graphic organized notes and processing assignments and are designed for$350.00$394.11Save $44.11
Students will create a lapbook as they learn about key events in the Civil War and Reconstruction era.
This lap book is designed to help students summarize content from the in Texas. It contains spaces for notes on the causes and events leading to the Civil War, leaders in the Civil War, Civil War battles in Texas, economic, political and social effects of the Civil War and Reconstruction in Texas.
In addition to the lap book template, you will receive on the following topics:
•Causes of the Civil War - Sectionalism, States Rights, and the Westward Expansion of Slavery
•Events Leading to the Civil War - Missouri Compromise, Annexation of Texas, Mexican-American War and the Mexican Cession, The Compromise of 1850, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, The Kansas-Nebraska Act and Bleeding Kansas, The Dred Scott Decision, The Election of Lincoln, South Carolina Secedes, Texas Secedes and the Bombing of Fort Sumter
•The Civil War in Texas – Military Contributions, Economic Contribution, Battles in Texas, and Life on the Home Front
•Reconstruction – What is Reconstruction?, Reconstruction in Texas, Texas Reconstruction Governments, Reversing Reconstruction, Sharecropping, Black Codes and the Convict Lease system.
For your PreAP students I have included Primary Source Analysis Activities on images and excerpts from these eras.
⭐Please download the preview to see more information on this resource. ⭐
2019 TEKS for 7th Grade Texas History
(5) History. The student understands how events and issues shaped the history of Texas during the Civil War and Reconstruction. The student is expected to:
(A) explain the central role the expansion of slavery played in the involvement of Texas in the Civil
(B) identify significant events concerning Texas and the Civil War such as the Battle of Galveston, the Battle of Sabine Pass, and the Battle of Palmito Ranch; and
(C) explain the political, economic, and social effects of the Civil War and Reconstruction in Texas
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2019 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.