Students research and write an informative composition on the Comanche, Native Americans who roamed Texas. An informative reading passage, note taking outline, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported.
This is part of a larger product that can be found in my TPT store. It includes 5 Native American groups that called Texas their home.
Researching Texas Native Americans
* 1 Reading Passage
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for TX History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
The Alamo Research
Davy Crockett Research
African Americans Research
Positive feedback would be appreciated!
Kathy Adams / TPT