Research and Writing: Native Americans of Texas
Students choose to research and write an informative composition on these Texas Indian Groups: Apache, Caddo, Comanche, Karankawa, and Tonkawa.
This is a bundle of 5 research and writing products available in my store. If you are looking for just one activity, please see these links.
* 5 Informative Writing Pieces
(Apache, Caddo, Comanche, Karankawa, and Tonkawa Indianc)
* 10 Outlines / Graphic Organizers for Note-taking (Topics Provided)
* 5 Composition Page
* Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Assign or allow students to choose topic to research.
* Read and research provided text.
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
Introduction to Research
Living History Museum
Celebrating Texas Independence Day
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Teachers Pay Teachers: Kathy Adams
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!