Allow your students to have fun playing monopoly while reviewing what they know about maps and Texas regions. Students will need a few extra supplies that can be found around the classroom.
- Print, laminate and cut all property cards, money, tokens, community chest and chance cards, and regions puzzle.
- Pick a banker and allow banker to supply each player with $1500. Broken down in the following increments. Banker will distribute and collect money as needed throughout the game.
- 2 $500 bills
- 2 $100 bills
- 2 $50 bills
- 6 $20 bills
- 5 $10 bills
- 5 $5 bills
- 5 $1 bills
- Each player picks a game piece. Use small binder clips to hold games pieces up. Players can use a magnifying glass to mimic an aristocratic banker.
MATERIALS - not included
- Paper Clip
- Dry erase markers/Sharpies
- Small binder clip
- Ones Cubes (houses and hotels)
- Students will use a pencil and paper clip to spin. The player with the highest number goes first. Players will then follow in a clockwise rotation.
- All game pieces will start on Onward. Each time a player passes Onward collect $200.
- Each player will spin and move their game piece accordingly.
- As players land on properties they may choose to purchase the property and in doing so will keep the TITLE DEED to that property. If a property is already owned, the player landing on it must pay the owner rent. If a player lands on a community chest or chance card, the player will draw said card and follow its directions. Utilities and R.R.’s are properties to own.
- Go to Jail if you land on the space. To get out of jail you must spin a 2 or an 8 or have had 3 missed turns.
- Collect a region puzzle piece and earn $250 each.
- The winner of the game is determined by the player with the most money