Also included in
- In this bundle, you will receive lessons for different Texas History units – from the beginning of school through the Republic of Texas. Each of these lessons include previews, graphic organized notes and processing assignments and are designed for maximum engagement for your students. ►This Mini-B$24.99$34.95Save $9.96
- Buy it all and save! Purchase the bundle of Texas History activities for huge savings! In this bundle, you will receive all of my Texas Revolution lessons. Each of these lessons involve an Interactive Student Notebook component and are designed for maximum engagement for your students. You will rece$39.99$58.44Save $18.45
- My Texas History bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Texas Geography to activities for Modern Texas. These resources can be used for distance learning with Google Slides!!! ✨Save hundreds of dollars when you purchase the bundle now!✨ Once you make this purchase, make$499.00$680.88Save $181.88
- Do your kids love Doodle Notes in Texas History in 7th grade? Buy them all and save! This bundle will give you access to all of my Texas History Doodle Notes - resources that span from Why Study History? to Modern Day Texas. In addition to the regular ed resource, you will receive all modified vers$149.00$177.73Save $28.73
Students will learn about the major battles of the Texas Revolution.
The Texas Revolution is the turning point in Texas History. Excite your students as you explore the Texas Revolution with a museum exhibit full of artifacts, quotes, biographies, artwork and maps. Engage your students in the Texas Revolution by learning about the battles and people who helped Texas gain independence!
In this resource you will receive:
PowerPoint Presentation – to guide your through the lesson step by step.
Informational Text - a timeline of informational text on the battles of the Texas Revolution. The key events on the timeline include: Battle of Goliad, Events in San Antonio, Battle of the Alamo, the Goliad Massacre, the Runaway Scrape, the Texas Declaration of Independence and the Battle of San Jacinto. Additional events are also included in this 6-page reading. The reading can be easily chucked to provide differentiation for your students.
Cartoon Notes Graphic Organizer - Your students can create their own notes from the timeline on this fun handout for notetaking.
Word Wall – important terms from the lesson have been turned into a word wall with images.
Lesson Plan – detailed directions for lesson.
Exhibit Activities – each exhibit Artifacts, In Their Own Words, Famous People, Artwork and Maps comes with several different activities for the students to choose to complete. All of the TEXAS HISTORY TEKS FOR 4TH AND 7TH are included in this activity
Formative Assessments - This activity is designed to take 6 or more class days of instruction and cover your entire Texas Revolution unit. I have included several different forms of formative assessments so you can check for understanding and keep your kids on task.
*** Please view the preview for more information.***
I have created a document that shows all of the 4th and 7th grade TEKS for this lesson. It is free and can be found here:
Do you like this style of teaching? Please consider following me. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. I am adding lessons to my store on topics in US History, World History, Texas History and Geography.
Additional lessons you might enjoy can be found here:
© 2014, 2017 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.
4th Grade TEKS:
(3) History. The student understands the importance of the Texas Revolution, the Republic of Texas, and the annexation of Texas to the United States. The student is expected to:
(A) analyze the causes, major events, and effects of the Texas Revolution, including the Battle of the Alamo, the Texas Declaration of Independence, the Runaway Scrape, and the Battle of San Jacinto;
(B) summarize the significant contributions of individuals such as Texians William B. Travis, James Bowie, David Crockett, George Childress, and Sidney Sherman; Tejanos Juan Antonio Padilla, Carlos Espalier, Juan N. Seguín, Plácido Benavides, and José Francisco Ruiz; Mexicans Antonio López de Santa Anna and Vicente Filisola; and non-combatants Susanna Dickinson and Enrique Esparza;
7th Grade TEKS:
(3) History. The student understands how individuals, events, and issues related to the Texas Revolution shaped the history of Texas. The student is expected to:
(B) explain the roles played by significant individuals during the Texas Revolution, including George Childress, Lorenzo de Zavala, James Fannin, Sam Houston, Antonio López de Santa Anna, Juan N. Seguín, and William B. Travis;
(C) explain the issues surrounding significant events of the Texas Revolution, including the Battle of Gonzales, William B. Travis's letter "To the People of Texas and All Americans in the World," the siege of the Alamo and all the heroic defenders who gave their lives there, the Constitutional Convention of 1836, Fannin's surrender at Goliad, and the Battle of San Jacinto;