Are your kids facing the Texas State Writing test? Have a little fun and prepare for your test with this fun writing camp!
This writing camp addresses all three reporting categories on the writing test: Composition, Revision, and Editing.
Included in this product...
Fourth Grade TEKS/Texas State Writing Test Alignment
Ideas for holding your own Camp Write-a-Lot!
Ideas for motivating students plus the materials you’ll need
* Punch cards
* Punch Bracelets
* Camp Badge Collection
11 stations addressing assessed standards
For each station, the following are included:
* Directions on how to set up the station
* Materials for the station
Ideas on minimizing copies for several stations
1. Backpack Brainstorming: Brainstorming ideas for writing (4.18Ai)
2. Don’t Feed the Bears: Reason & evidence match (4.15B)
3. An Orderly Campsite: Identifying topic sentences, supporting details, and closing sentences to build the paragraph (4.15B, 4.18Ai, 4.18Aii, 4.18Aiii)
4. Rapid River Revision: Revise complete compositions (4.15C)
5. Transitions on the Trail: Add transitions into a piece (4.20Avii)
6. Gone Fishin’… for Complete Sentences Sorting complete sentences vs. run-ons and fragments (4.20B)
7. Spelling Under the Stars: Editing for spelling (4.15D, 4.22A, 4.22B, 4.22C, 4.22D)
8. Tracking in the Forest: Editing for capitalization & punctuation (4.20Avi, 4.21B, 4.21C))
9. S’more Sentences: Building complete sentences with parts of speech (4.20Ai, 4.20Aii, 4.20Aiii, 4.20Aiv, 4.20Av)
10. Make a Match: Matching subjects & predicates (4.20B, 4.20C)
11. Ghost Stories: Combining sentences (4.21Ci, 4.21C, 4.21D)
This product, once purchased, is licensed to be used in one classroom. Additional classrooms must purchase additional licenses.
You may also be interested in:
Feedback and/or a rating is appreciated!
For updates TEKS-aligned reading and writing resources, follow my store!
Buzzing with Ms. B