Great for teaching social studies, reading, and language arts! Your students will learn interesting facts about Texas and its history with this collection of Level Q readers.
This volume features six short books about Texas:
• Where in the World is Texas?
• Texas: A Place to Farm, Trade, Hunt, and Fish
• Jose de Escandon and the Catholic Mission
• Early American Indians in Texas
• Fossils and Paleontologists
• Texas’ Giant Cattle Industry
Specific concepts, skills, and vocabulary targeted in each book are listed on the first page of the story. An accompanying set of worksheets for each story reinforces literacy skills involving reading, language, spelling, and writing. An answer sheet is included.
Additional books on Texas topics can be found in my collections - “Texas: Volume 2 - History and People" (Level R readers) and "Texas: Volume 3 - History, People, and Industries" (Level S readers). Also there are other sets of books I have for various grade levels that have Texas-related stories.