Your students will enjoy reading about Texas history, its holidays, and some of its famous people in this Level R collection of stories. Great resource for teaching about different states or your own state, combining social studies, reading, and language arts activities. The ten leveled books about Texas in this collection are:
- What the Texas Declaration of Independence
and Constitution Teaches
- Cinco de Mayo
- Texan Holidays
- The San Jacinto Monument
- Cabeza de Vaca – First Historian of Texas
- Francisco Vasquez de Coronado – Conquistador
- LaSalle – Claim on the Mississippi
- Gail Borden – Inventor of Condensed Milk
- Michael Elias DeBakey – A Man of Many Talents
- Dr. Millie Elizabeth Hughes-Fulford – Scientist in Space
Specific concepts, skills, and vocabulary targeted in each book are listed on the first page of the story. An accompanying set of worksheets for each story reinforces literacy skills involving reading, language, spelling, and writing. An answer sheet is included.
Additional books on Texas topics can be found in my collections - “Texas: Volume 1 - History and Facts” (Level Q readers) and “Texas: Volume 3 – History, People, and Industries” (Level S readers) as well as in other sets of books I have for various grade levels.