Also included in
- These text-dependent informational essay prompts allows students to write an informative (expository) or persuasive evidence-based essay using various nonfiction articles. Links to multiple articles pertaining to the topic are included in each resource. Most can be printed and used at several lexile$25.99$34.00Save $8.01
This upper elementary Common Core-aligned editable resource provides informative writing prompts for students to use to write an expository essay on hurricanes. Students will complete a text-dependent analysis by using information from 15 different articles (links included!) to support their response to one of the two informative writing prompts. This resource also has a digital Google Slides version that can be used during distance learning!
This informative essay resource includes:
- Teacher directions
- Student directions page
- Writing prompt (two different prompts included)
- Essay brainstorming sheet
- Informational Essay Graphic Organizer (several versions of the outline)
- Rubric for easy grading
- EDITABLE versions of each page so that you can differentiate to fit the needs of your students
- DIGITAL Google Slides versions of each page with text boxes for students to type
- Links to articles that can be printed at different Lexile levels
This resource is easily differentiated with the editable versions of each page and the graphic organizers can be used to plan out ANY informational essay which makes them great to use again and again in your classroom!
All links to articles that can be used with this product have been provided. However, please be aware that the website that some of the articles are hosted on has changed, so some of the articles require you to have a membership, but many that I've included links to are still free!
Need more than the prompts? Check out this complete research paper unit for upper elementary!
Need upper elementary teaching ideas? Check out or get e-mails with tips, advice, lesson ideas, and free resources sent straight to your inbox by signing up on the
Also, follow me on , and to stay up to date on all happenings at The Meaningful Teacher. If you use my resources in your classroom, don’t forget to tag me! I love to see how they are helping you and your students!