Text Dependent Analysis | Extended Constructed Response | Reading Response
Also included in
- Engage your readers all year long with active strategies to help build understanding and comprehension of text. This reading minilesson plan will take you and your readers through...launching reader's workshopmonitoring comprehensiontracking and analyzing charactersdeveloping inferential understandPrice $158.00Original Price $197.50Save $39.50
- Planning for Writing Workshop can be overwhelming. Let this bundle of Writing Units of Study relieve your stress and free up some time. The included lessons will cover at least 25 weeks of your school year. This resource has been successfully implemented at the elementary and middle school levelsPrice $64.00Original Price $80.00Save $16.00
Students must use all they have learned as readers and writers to respond to a piece of text and write a literary response -- text-dependent analysis. They must combine what they know as readers with what they have learned about writing for literary responses.
The intention of this study is for students to craft critical thinking about their independent reading into a written reading response essay. Prior to completing this unit, students should have experiences in Shared Reading and Independent Reading and a variety of opportunities to jot their thinking and have discussions with partners and groups about their reading thinking.
Key Teaching Points:
• What is literary response writing?
• Sifting through my thinking notes and jots
• Narrowing down my thinking about my chosen book/theme/character/series
• Stretching our thinking
• Finding focus on my thinking about my reading
• Drafting my response
• Crafting an eye-catching lead
• Crafting an eye-catching ending
• Editing—Express Lane Edit
You might also be interested in these products for your writing instruction…
• Launching Writer's Workshop--A Unit of Study
• Getting Started with Writer’s Notebooks
• Writing Reflection and Kind Compliments
• Writing Personal Narratives—A Unit of Study
• Writing Expository Essays—A Unit of Study
• Unit of Study for Persuasive Writing: Writing Persuasive Speeches and Letters
• Book Reviews—A Writing Unit of Study
This product is also part of my Writing Workshop bundle.
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures