Three sets of paired passages with writing prompts will help prepare your students for state writing tests. An opinion essay will get your kids debating about whether or not cheerleading is a sport. An expository essay will take them to the rainforests of West Africa to explore another culture. And a narrative essay will drop them into Alaska's Iditarod dog sled race.
Each of the three resources in this bundle includes:
- A teacher's guide giving tips specific to that essay as well as general advice on guiding your students through text-dependent writing.
- Two paired passages with writing prompts
* Cheerleading - One informational article and one realistic fiction story
* West Africa - One informational article and one realistic fiction story
* Dog sledding - Two informational articles
- Multiple pre-writing graphic organizers to give you and your students choices
- Lined, themed writing pages
- An editable rubric as well as a print-and-go version