How can this work in your classroom?
- Download, print, copy, and go! Great for last minute, substitute, or
- Works with ANY narrative text
- Great for a review at any point of the year
- Rubrics designed for easy & accurate assessment
Use this updated version of a "comic strip" to give students a unique way to show off their understanding of "Key Ideas and Details" in a short narrative. This is a creative and rigorous activity for students to review and be assessed on identifying parts of plot, finding supporting textual evidence that is relevant, and writing an overall theme. My students loved this activity, not only because they could draw and use color, but because they had great debates about which pieces of evidence best supported each part of the plot sequence.
Included in this pack, you will find:
- 5 varied and scaffolded versions of the story strip
- 2 rubrics with student and teacher evaluation columns
- Clear student planning space and directions
- Completed student work samples to show as exemplars
- an editable two-slide Powerpoint template to change the story strip and rubric if necessary
Download, print, and enjoy :) I appreciate your feedback!